Trade PS Dr. Chris Kiptoo holds talks with Coleacp General Delegate Jeremy Knops and FPEAK CEO Hosea Machuki.
After holding consultative forums with both the dealers and exporters of avocados, exporters are hereby notified that:
1. The closing of Hass and Fuerte Avocado harvesting season is set for the 15th November 2019 to 15th March 2020.
2. Companies with an off-season crop are required to notify the AFA Directorate in writing within seven (7) days of the intended harvest to the Head of Directorate through (email@example.com) indicating the exact location of the farm(s). Attach a PS11 form and declare the marketing agents. Clearance will be Issued after conducting an oil content analysis.
3. Jumbo variety is not affected by the closing season, but consignments will be subjected to 100% inspection and clearance Issued.
4. Approved exports shall be done via air.
This years Conference and Exhibition took place on the 25th -27th September 2019 at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies, Nairobi.
FPEAK working together with USAID, KCDMS and RTI International attended the National Avocado Promotion Strategy Development workshop that took place at Enashipai Resort in Naivasha on the 10th to 12th July.
FPEAK Chairman, Apollo Owour and Karim Dostmohamed of Frigoken Limited have been appointed to the Board of COLEACP representing members of the ACP. They join 16 other members from across Europe and ACP countries to steer the COLEACP programs going forward.
Advocacy & Lobying
FPEAK influences and advocates for a conducive national and international business environment, policies, tariffs and trade agreements on behalf of its members and the horticulture industry in Kenya.Advocacy & Lobbying
FPEAK links its growers and members to national and international markets. This is made possible through creating direct market linkages, supporting members to attend national and international trade fairs and providing timely market information.Marketing
E - Learning Resources
Welcome to the interactive FPEAK e learning portal. Click on the portal link to access the various self-service options and programmes for members.E - Learning Resources
FPEAK partners with development agencies and other stakeholders to enhance growers, exporters and service providers capacity along the horticulture value chain.
Compliance & Standards
FPEAK with other stakeholders supports members to comply with national and international market requirements and conventions (official and private standards). FPEAK collaborates with standard owners and implementers to bring compliance closer to Kenyan producers through participation in interpretation and harmonization of standards.Compliance & Standards
FPEAK is a legal entity registered as a company limited by guarantee.
The activities of FPEAK are governed by an elected Board of Directors consisting of members actively engaged in exporting business.
The Administrative body of the Association is formed by the secretariat, which is responsible for providing services to the members.
The Association operates independently and receives support from partners.
- Horticulture Crops Directorate
- Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service
- Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation
- Pest Control Products Board
- Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives
- Kenya Bureau of Standards
- National Environmental Management Authority
- Agrochemicals Association of Kenya
- Kenya Meteorological Department